love to collect buttons! I always get giddy and excited when I find a mason jar full of buttons at a flea market or yard sale. My 7 year-old daughter and I will spend hours looking through my buttons. To me buttons are tiny little treasures and wonderful little works of art that come in all sizes and shapes.
Bowdabra Bow Wire is perfect for adding strands of buttons together to create jewelry.
To make a Bowdabra Bow Wire Necklace you will need the following materials:
- Several Different Sized Buttons
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Sheer Ribbon (optional)
1. Begin by choosing your buttons and color palette.
2. Using two strands of Bowdabra Bow Wire attach a button to the center of the two strands.
3. Continue adding buttons to each side of the wires.
4. Create an entire necklace with the Bowdabra Bow Wire or trim the wire to make two loops to finish the necklace with ribbon.
5. We attached sheer ribbon to the Bowdabra Bow Wire by knotting it onto the loop and dovetailing the end of the ribbon. To keep the ribbon from fraying run clear nail polish along the cut.
6. Attach ribbon to both Bowdabra Bow Wire loops and your necklace is ready to wear.
7. Kid’s can easily create this style necklace and give it to mom for Mother’s Day.