Give mom a bouquet of flowers for her hair this Mother’s Day. Looking for Mother’s Day Gift Giving Ideas how about these adorable hair pieces! The flowers “shout” summer and just make you want to have fun in the sun.
The hair bow tutorial is easy to follow; no matter your hair bow making abilities you should be able to make these hair clips easily!
1. To make a Mini Bowdabra Bow (optional: Place your Mini Bowdabra Tool & Ruler over the Mini Bowdabra) cut a piece of 24″ Bowdabra Bow Wire. Fold the Bowdabra Bow Wire in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Seal the end of the ribbon with clear nail polish and lay the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra. To make your first loop fold and press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra at the 1.5″ mark.
3. Continue folding loops back and forth at the 1.5″ mark. Then trim ribbon from the spool.
4. Place a faux flower into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Scrunch ribbon down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
6. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
8. Tie the hair bow onto the end of a bobby pin and trim away excess wire.
9. Fluff bow and your hair clip is complete.
10. Make a matching hair bow using the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler to make exact 1.5″ loops each time.