Earth Friendly wedding centerpieces are eco-conscious, a good way to reuse materials resources, and a smart way to save money. Glass is one of the more versatile eco-friendly resources and is a perfect element for wedding table centerpieces.
The Bowdabra Design Team created a “Go Green” wedding centerpiece by recycling a small glass jar and filling it with table salt. Yes! Table salt works great to add weight to your centerpiece, it is inexpensive, and pretty! We finished our centerpiece with a Mini Bowdabra satin ribbon bow, faux flowers, and floral picks.
- Mini Bowdabra®
- Bowdabra® Bow Wire
- Recycled Small Glass Jar
- Ribbon 7/8” Ivory Sheer
- Ribbon 7/8” Cream Satin
- Ribbon 7/8” Green Satin
- Floral Picks
- Faux Flower
- Clear Nail Polish
- Glue Dots or Hot Glue
1. To make the bow for the Wedding Centerpiece: Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
2. Cut a long piece of sheer ribbon fold it in half to form a crease. Place the ribbon at the crease mark into the center of the Mini Bowdabra. Cut two ribbon strips. Dovetail the ends of each ribbon strip. Seal the ends with nail polish. Place them into the Mini Bowdabra.
3. Seal the end of a ribbon with clear nail polish. Lay the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra. Decide how big you want your loops. To make your first loop fold and press into the Mini Bowdabra. Continue folding the ribbon back and forth until you have a total of four loops. Cut the ribbon from the spool, leaving about an inch.
4. Scrunch ribbon down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
5. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
7. Seal the end of the ribbon with clear nail polish. Then using a glue dot fold and press the ribbon down covering the Bowdabra Bow Wire.
8.Fill a washed and sterilized recycled glass bottle with salt all the way to the top.
(Back View) Attach the bow to the glass jar using the sheer ribbon that is on the back of your bow.
(Front View) Fluff bow.
9. Insert floral picks and faux flowers into the salt. Place finished centerpiece on wedding reception tables or throughout the room.