Tulle is a neat ribbon to work with it. It is very lightweight, looks great stacked, and bends easily. I like working with tulle especially when it comes to making flowers. I have designed simple to make tulle flowers with a large pin center. The flowers can be placed into Styrofoam circles, blocks, discs, or wreath forms.
- Pink Tulle Item
- Sparkle Tulle Apple Green
- Corsage Pins 2.5″
- Silver Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Pearlized White Stamens
- Floral Leaves Item
1. Begin by cutting squares of pink and silver tulle.
2. To make the center of the flower fold two pink tulle squares in half and then thread each one onto a corsage pin.
3. Next, place four stamens folded in half around the pinhead. Pull the tulle up around the stamens and tie it tightly together with Bowdabra Bow Wire. Leave the strands of Bowdabra Bow Wire.
4. To make the outside of the flower, thread about 5 full squares of pink tulle onto the large pin.
5. To finish the flower thread four full squares of silver tulle, onto the pin.
6. Hold the flower at the base and tie Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly around it.
7. Once the Bowdabra Bow Wire is tied tightly and knotted. Use the wire tails to tie floral leaves along the sides. Bend the ends of the floral leaves onto the underneath of each leaf. Trim away excess the Bowdabra Bow Wire.
8. Once, the flower is completed twirl the Bowdabra Bow Wire in the center of the flower with a pencil to make fun ringlets.
9. Follow these simple instructions to make several of these tulle flowers for arrangements.
For a very simple hanging arrangement place a hole through the center of a small Styrofoam ball. I used a chopstick to make my hole. Thread a pipe cleaner through it and make a loop at one end.
Pin the tulle flowers to the front of the Styrofoam ball. Then add a strand of ribbon to the pipe cleaner loop, for hanging.
Lastly, hang the tulle flower arrangement in a window, wall, mantle, or door handle.