It is important to recognize dedicated and exceptional teachers. The outstanding excellence that many teachers display in the classroom and after-school deserves our respect and admiration. At the end of the year I always like to express my deep felt thanks and gratitude to my children’s teachers. My children and I make thank you cards and handmade presents. This year we will also be making a “Best Teacher Award” for my kids’ teachers. This award is easy to make with the help of the Bowdabra.
- (2) 5.5″ x 5.5″ pieces of heavy cardstock
- Glue dots
- Circle Chipboard
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Wired Ribbon
1. Begin by cutting two pieces of cardstock 5.5″ by 5.5″. Next, fold the paper in an accordion style.
2. Next, fold one end of the paper to the other and hold it in place with glue dots. Fold and glue the other paper the same way creating two half circles.
3. Using glue dots, glue both pieces of paper together along the center.
4. Attach a chipboard piece in the center that reads, “Best Teacher Award”.
5. Next, cut an 18″ piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half place it into the Bowdabra.
6. Using Wire ribbon begin to create loops with the Bowdabra. The loops should be bigger than your cardstock centerpiece.
7. Continue creating loops with the Bowdabra. Once you have enough loops cut the ribbon from the spool. Add a few ribbon tails to the bow.
8. Scrunch down with the Bowdabra Bow Wand.
9. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
10. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
11. Fluff the bow and move loops so that they are evenly distributed along the sides and top and bottom. Place the cardstock award onto the center of the bow using glue dots or hot glue.
12. Give the award to your child’s teacher by its self or in a gift basket.