Using the Mini Bowdabra and the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler you can add beads to bows easily and quickly. Creating a beaded centerpiece for your bow can be difficult but with Bowdabra Craft Tools we can help you add the beads all in one easy step.
Learn how to make small bobby pin bows with beaded centers.
Bowdabra Bow Wire
Hair Bow Tool and Ruler
34cm of Ultra Violet 3/8”
Yellow small beads
24 gauge wire
Clear Nail Polish to keep ribbon ends from fraying
Glue Dots or Hot Glue Gun
1. Begin by gathering your materials. You will need a Mini Bowdabra, Bowdabra Hair Bow Tool and Ruler, and Bowdabra Bow Wire. Place Bowdabra® Hair Bow Tool and Ruler (cm side) onto the Mini Bowdabra, leaving a space at the bottom for the Mini Bowdabra tower to move. Cut a 18” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
2. Using 24 gauge wire form a strand of beads with wire approximately 3” to 4” long. (We chose 24 gauge wire because it is very easy to work with, bend, and you don’t need jewelry tools to cut it. Often it can be cut with scissors.)
3. To make a 4cm wide small bow with 2cm tails cut the ribbon 34cm long. Seal each end with clear nail polish. Fold the ribbon in half to find the center. Make a crease at the center point. Place the ribbon at the crease mark down into the center of the Mini Bowdabra.
4. To make your first loop fold and press into the Mini Bowdabra at the 2cm mark. Place tail facing down.
5. Make another loop on the other side at the 2cm mark. Point tail facing down.
6. Make two more loops at the 2cm mark folding and pressing the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra. Tails should be facing up.
7. Place the beaded strand at it’s center point into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Fold down the last two loops at the 2cm mark.
9. Scrunch down with Mini Bowdabra Wand.
10. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
11. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
12. Take one side of the beaded strand and curl it into a “C” shape.
13. Take the other side of the beaded strand and curve it to a backwards “C” shape and interlock it with the other C.
14. Tie Bowdabra Bow Wire to the end of the a bobby pin. Trim away excess wire.
15. Fluff bow and wear.
16. Better yet, follow the instructions to make a matching pair!