Choose a favorite outfit and make gorgeous bows to match it perfectly! Find the ribbon, feathers, flower, and button that match just right and start the fun. This boutique style bow was inspired by a brightly colored summer outfit. The materials used were a flower, ribbon, feathers, and a button.
To make this bow you will need:
· Mini Bowdabra
· Hair Bow Tool and Ruler
· Bowdabra Bow Wire
· 2” Wire Edged Ribbon
· 6” Dovetailed Piece of polka dot 7/8” Grosgrain Ribbon
· 7/8” Colored Grosgrain Ribbon
· 3/8” Colored Grosgrain Ribbon
· 4 Colored Feathers (I just used the ones from the craft section)
· Colored Silk Daisy
· Button (I used a sparkly one)
· Alligator Clip
· Hot Glue
· Scotch Tape
5. Place 6” Dovetailed Polka Dot Ribbon in center.
6. Then following the instructions on the Interactive CD, that comes with the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler, make 1.5” wide boutique bow using 7/8” colored Grosgrain Ribbon. Leave tails. (NOTE: If you want more of the color to show behind the flower, then do a 2” Boutique Bow)
7. Next, scrunch the bow down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
8. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow and double knot. Trim off extra wire.
9. Trim all tails of the extra ribbon.
10. Using fingers, remove plastic center from silk flower.
11. Separate layers of flower. Put hot glue in center of one and stack another. Repeat until flower is glued together. Set aside.
12. Next, wrap a small piece of scotch tape around edge of 3/8” colored Grosgrain ribbon to make it easy to thread through button. Thread through button and tie in a singe knot. Cut ends to desired length with the dovetail cut.
13. Put hot glue in the center of prepared flower. Place prepared button in center of flower.
14. Prepare bow to have flower glued on by positioning ribbon exactly where you want it and hold it steady with one hand.
15. Put hot glue on center of bow. Place and press flower/button in center of bow.
16. Hold alligator clip open (to ensure clip not getting glue on the inside) and glue top of it. Then press to back of bow. (NOTE: You can line the clip with ribbon, but I prefer not to. The clip stays in hair better without being lined and the clip does not show in this particular bow)
17. Your bow is ready to wear! Attach clip through a headband for a fun look. These matching bows will dress up any outfit and make your little cutie even cuter!