Satin Ribbon is wonderful to use in home decor. The shine and glimmer of satin ribbon really catches natural light and stands out on wreaths, vases, and table centerpieces. Satin ribbon comes in a variety of colors making it ideal seasonal crafting and matching your home furnishings color scheme.
To make a satin ribbon loopy bow:
1. Begin by removing both the Mini Bowdabra and the Mini Bowdabra Wand from its packaging.
2. Next cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half.
3. Place the Bowdabra Bow Wire into the center of the towers and fold it under the Mini Bowdabra so that it doesn’t come loose.
4. If you want your bow to have tails, cut some with straight edges, angled edges, or dovetailed edges. I seal the ends of my ribbon by running the very tips of them through a lighter quickly. However, clear nail polish or fray blocker works, as well.
5. To begin making the loops of your bow, place the end of ribbon into the center of the Mini Bowdabra towers. The towers are spring-loaded and hold your ribbon easily in place for you.
6. Fold your ribbon over, form a loop, and press it into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Make several loops before cutting away your ribbon. To make your next colored loops begin the same way, insert the end of the ribbon into the center of the Mini Bowdabra Tower, fold and press ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra to make several loops.
8. Add smaller loops to the top of the bow for a great finished look.
9. Using the Mini Bowdabra Wand scrunch the bow down.
10. Next, take Bowdabra Bow Wire and thread the two ends through the center loop that was formed when you folded the wire in half.
11. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly.
12. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra, pull the Bowdabra Wire around to the back twist it, and then knot it in place. Fluff and form the loops of the bow by pulling and twisting them into place.
13. (Optional) Bring the wire back to the front and attach at button or other embellishment.
14. Attach you bow onto a home decor item like a wreath, star, or even a vase.
Original Post available at Crafts Unleashed along with a review of the Mini Bowdabra.