We are pleased to announce that in their latest issue, CardMaker Magazine listed the Bowdabra and the Mini Bowdabra as their “Favorite Find” for cardmaking! In honor of such a stellar award and recognition, we would like to demonstrate how easy it is to use Bowdabra Products in cardmaking. We created a Father’s Day Card embellished with bold origami rice paper and completed the card by using the Mini Bowdabra to create a masculine bow accent.
Begin by creating your card design. We added vertical strips of masculine origami rice paper along with horizontal blue cardstock strips. We added brown grosgrain along the bottom and picot bobbin ribbon along the top and bottom. “DAD” lettering was added across the top and a “World’s Best Dad” button with brown grosgrain and picot bobbin ribbon tails was placed on the side.
To make the Mini Bowdabra Loopy Bow:
1. Cut an 18” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. Fold the ends under the Mini Bowdabra to keep it out of the way.
2. Next, insert the end of the picot ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
3. To create your first loop fold and press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. Create a matching loop on the other side by folding and pressing it into the Mini Bowdabra, as well.
5. Continue folding the loops back and forth until you have created as many loops as you would like. Then cut the ribbon from the spool.
6. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
7. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
8. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
9. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
10. Turn the bow right-side over. Fluff the bow, trim away excess Bowdabra Bow Wire, and glue a finishing ribbon to hide the wire.
11. Glue the finished Mini Bowdabra bow onto your card.
12. The card is complete.
Visit our Bowdabra Ribbon’s Crafts & Things Store for Bowdabra Bow Products and Ribbon.