As a crafter, I have noticed the hardest thing about completing a project is giving your craft design a nice finished look. Whether I am quilting, making jewelry, painting, or designing hair bows for me the struggle is in the completion. When I am done I want it to look completed and professional!
There are several ways to finish hair bows one of the easiest and the most simple is to just glue a piece of finishing ribbon in the center of the bow to hide the Bowdabra Bow Wire.
One of my favorite ways of completing a hair bow is adding a button center. For a step-by-step tutorial on how to make this bow with the button center click here.
How about a button center embellished with rhinestones to finish your bow? A large center rhinestone completely hides the Bowdabra Bow Wire while smaller rhinestones along the sides add charm and elegance. I am thrilled with my completed hair bow with buttons and rhinestones and would love to share with you how I made it!
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Assorted Ribbon
- 2 Buttons one larger than the other
- Large Rhinestone
- Smaller Rhinestones
- Darice Rhinestone Setter
1. Begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler on top of the Mini Bowdabra. Cut a piece of 18″ Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Next, create your hair bow. I made several bows stacked on top of one another. I followed the step-by-step instructions on the Interactive CD that comes with the Hair Bow Tool and Ruler to make a 4″ Boutique Bow with tails, a 4″ six loop basic bow with tails, a 3″ Quad Loop Pinwheel bow, and finished the bow with three ribbon strands. Once, complete I scrunched the bows down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
3. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
4. Next, using the Bowdabra Bow Wire tie a lined alligator clip to the back of the bow.
5. Bring the wire back around to the front of the bow and thread two buttons onto the Bowdabra Bow Wire. One button should be larger than the other.
6. Pull the wire tightly and knot it. Trim the ends away and glue a rhinestone to the center of the button hiding the Bowdabra Bow Wire knot.
7. Next, using Darice’s Rhinestone Setter follow their instructions to adhere rhinestones to the button.
8. Add rhinestones all along the bottom edge of the button.
9. Your hair bow with rhinestone button center is complete and looks professionally made!