Choose a favorite outfit and make gorgeous bows to match it perfectly! Find the ribbon and decorative button that match just right and start the fun. This boutique style bow was inspired by a blue polka dot cherry sundress.
To make this bow you will need:
· Mini Bowdabra
· Hair Bow Tool and Ruler
· Bowdabra Bow Wire
· 1.5” sheer polka dot ribbon in two colors
· 1.5” Wire Edged ribbon
· 7/8” colored grosgrain ribbon in two colors
· 3/8” Satin Scalloped Edge Ribbon
· 2 Decorative Buttons
· Alligator Clip
· Hot Glue
1. Start by finding the ribbon and decorative buttons that match the outfit perfectly. (There are so many cute decorative buttons in craft stores that can be used to match different outfits…ie, lady bugs, watermelons, crowns, etc)
3. Make a 4” wide boutique bow using 1.5” Sheer Polka Dot Ribbon. Create the loops by folding and pressing them into the Mini Bowdabra. Leave tails.
4. Next, place 7/8” colored grosgrain ribbon over the other color or sheer 1.5” polka dot ribbon.
5. Make a 1.5” loop on each side twisting ribbon in middle to keep grosgrain on outside for both loops. Leave Tails.
6. Tie a knot on the edge of a piece of 3/8” ribbon. (The ribbon should end up being 3 inches long once knots have been tied on each end….you will want to allow your self a couple of extra inches to tie the knots, then trim away at the end of the knot to make the finished product 3”.) Tie knot on one end and slide the button on. Slide the other button on and tie a knot on the other end. Trim edges. Place prepared ribbon with cherry buttons on each end in mini bowdabra.
7. Next, scrunch the bow down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
8. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow and double knot.
10. Place 3/8” satin scalloped edge ribbon over 7/8” colored grosgrain. Tie a loose knot, keeping satin scalloped ribbon on the outside. Set aside.
11. Prepare bow to have knot glued on by positioning ribbon exactly where you want it and hold it with one hand. With the other hand do a glue dab on the top and both sides of the bow. Place prepared knot over top middle and sides of bow and press. Trim one edge of knot and glue to back of bow. Glue the other edge to back of bow and trim extra ribbon.
12. Hold alligator clip open (to ensure clip not getting glue on the inside) and glue top of it. Then press to back of bow. (Please note: You can line the clip with ribbon, but I prefer not to. The clip stays in hair better without being lined and the clip does not show in this particular bow.)
13. Your bow is ready to wear! Make two for a pig tails look. These matching bows will dress up any outfit and make your little cutie even cuter!