When making hair bows you don’t just have to use the standard grosgrain, satin, and sheer ribbon. It is fun to experiment with all types of ribbon and embellishments. Today I made a hair bow using large width wired ribbon and added some fun bling to really jazz-it-up!
These style bows are perfect for any age and would be great for weddings, formal occasions, proms, or anytime we want to add a little glam to your hair!
To make these hair clips you will need:
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Silver Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Silver Wire Edged Ribbon
- 5/8″ purple satin or poly-satin ribbon
- 2 purple silk flowers
- small little silver flowers
- 2 alligator clips with flat tops
Picture of all the supplies below
1. Begin by cutting a piece of 18″ Bowdabra Bow Wire and folding it in half and placing it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Following the instructions on the interactive CD (the CD is packaged with the comes the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler), create a 4″ Boutique Bow using the wire ribbon.
3. Add a 4.5″ ribbon spray, with dovetailed ends, use the ruler to place the strand evenly.
4. Insert the wire stem of a silk flower into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Scrunch the bow down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
6. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
7. Attach an alligator clip with a flat top to the back of the bow by first tying the Bowdabra Bow Wire onto it. Then trim away the wire and add hot glue along the top of the hair clip hardware to keep everything securely in place.
8. Hot glue small little silver flowers to the petals of the silk rose for extra bling and glam.
9. Follow the instructions to make two matching hair clips.