Choose a favorite outfit and make gorgeous bows to match it perfectly! Find the ribbon, tulle, ric rac, and star garland that match just right and start the fun. This boutique style bow was inspired by a navy, light blue, red, and white star spangled dress.
To make this bow you will need:
· Mini Bowdabra
· Hair Bow Tool and Ruler
· Bowdabra Bow Wire
· Tulle (6 inch spool)
· 1.5” Wire Edged Ribbon
· 2 Pieces of decorative 7/8” Ribbon (I used stripe and satin mesh pattern)
· 1/8” Ricrac
· 3/8” Ricrac
· 7/8” Satin Ribbon
· 7/8” Polka Dot Ribbon
· Star Garland (Can be found in craft or party stores)
· Alligator Clip
· Hot Glue
1. Start by finding the ribbon, tulle, ric-rac, and star garland that match the outfit perfectly.
2. Next, place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler on top of the Mini Bowdabra. Cut a piece of 18″ Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold it in half and place it into the Bowdabra.
3. Then put an 8” piece of tulle from the 6” wide spool. Scrunch with fingers. Place scrunched tulle in Mini Bowdabra.
4. Then make a 3” wide boutique bow using 1.5” Wire Edge Ribbon by folding and pressing the loops at the 1.5″ mark. Leave tails.
5. Pre-cut 4” pieces of the 2 decorative 7/8” ribbons (Dove Tail edges), 1/8” ric-rac, 3/8” ric-rac., and star garland. Set aside.(PLEASE NOTE: Be sure to bend edges of star garland over on each end so they don’t poke anyone.) Set pre-cut pieces in Mini Bowdabra at different angles in the following order. Decorative Ribbon, Ric-rac, Star Garland, Decorative Ribbon , Ric-rac, Star Garland.
6. Next, scrunch the bow down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand to keep all the ribbon down.
7. Now make a 2” wide boutique bow using 7/8” Satin Ribbon by folding and pressing the loops at the 1″ mark. Leave tails.
8. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand, again. Then while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the BowdabraBow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the BowdabraBow Wire securely against the bow and double knot. Trim off extra wire.
9. Trim all tails of the extra ribbon.
10. Place star garland over 7/8” polka dot ribbon. Tie a loose knot, keeping star garland on the outside. Set aside.
11. Prepare bow to have knot glued on by positioning ribbon exactly where you want it and hold it with one hand. With the other hand do a glue dab on the top and both sides of the bow. Place prepared knot over middle and side of bow and press. Trim one side of knot and glue to back of bow. Glue the other side to back of bow and trim extra ribbon and star garland.
12. Hold alligator clip open (to ensure clip not getting glue on the inside) and glue top of it. Then press to back of bow. (Please note: You can line the clip with ribbon, but I prefer not to. The clip stays in hair better without being lined and the clip does not show in this particular bow)
13. Trim tulle on each side in rounded motion so it hangs out from the edge of the bow. Your bow is ready to wear!
14. Make two for a pig tails look. These matching bows will dress up any outfit and make your little cutie even cuter!