How you finish a hair bow can really make a difference on its overall style, look, and age appropriateness. Adding a pretty glass bead center to a hair bow can transform the hair accessory into an adult bow, easily. Our Bowdabra Hair Bow Tutorial will show you how simple it is to add a bead to your bows using our Bowdabra Bow Wire! We used a combination of sheer and satin ribbons for an elegant adult hair clip.
1. Begin by gathering your materials. You will need a Mini Bowdabra, Bowdabra Hair Bow Tool and Ruler, and Bowdabra Bow Wire.
2. Place the Bowdabra® Hair Bow Tool and Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra, leaving a space at the bottom for the Mini Bowdabra tower to move. Cut an 18” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
3. Cut 2 strips of ribbon 28” inches in length to make a 4” wide bow. Cut one strip of satin ribbon and one strip of sheer ribbon. Lay the sheer ribbon over the satin ribbon, off center. Fold the ribbons in half. At the half way point lay the ribbons down into the Mini Bowdabra, with the satin ribbon down first.
4. Form a loop at the 2” mark and press into the center of the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Next, fold the other side at the same width. Ribbon tails should be right side down above your loops.
6. Fold ribbon tails one at a time down through the center of the Mini Bowdabra, making creases into each tail.
7. Scrunch down with Mini Bowdabra Wand.
8. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
9. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
11. Bring the Bowdabra Bow Wire back to the front and easily thread the wire through a glass bead.
12. Bring the Bowdabra Bow Wire to the back and tie it onto a french clip. Tie the wire securely around the center of the french clip several times. Optional: Tack the bow to the sides of the clip with thread or hot glue.
13. Bow is finished and ready for your hair.