Preserve and cherish summer memories by creating a ribbon themed necklace. Use buttons and beads to create a festive ribbon necklace inspired by fond summer memories. My husband and I had a wonderful vacation at the ocean recently and I wanted to create a nautical necklace to remember our romantic get-away.
- Red Satin Ribbon-to-Bead
- Beads and Buttons
1. Begin by removing the ribbon-to-bead from its spool and gathering themed and coordinated buttons and beads.
4. Run the bead to the end of the ribbon and knot the ribbon to keep the bead from falling off.
5. Continue to knot the ribbon and thread another bead onto the ribbon using the wire needle. Knotting the ribbon is optional, however, it gives extra spacing in between each bead and keeps all the beads from sliding down towards the center of the necklace.
6. Thread as many beads as you want onto the ribbon.
7. Cut the ribbon when your necklace is complete. Seal the ribbon ends with clear nail polish to keep them form fraying.