Create beautiful fancy dog bows to pamper your furry pet! Use Bowdabra Bow Making Craft Tools to layer satin bows on top of tulle. Bowdabra’s step-by-step tutorial will help you create fast and easy gorgeous dog bows. Groomers and pet owners will love the ease of this tutorial!
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- 7/8″ Satin Ribbon
- 6″ wide Tulle
- Small Alligator Clip or Latex Rubber Bands
1. Begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Next, cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
3. Fill the tulle all the way to the top of the Mini Bowdabra towers. Cut the tulle when you reach the top of the towers. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
4. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the side of the bow and knot. Trim away excess wire and set aside. Additional Notes: Instead of bringing the wire around to the back you knot it on the side to create a flat puffy bow perfect for stacking another bow on top of.
6. To make the satin bow that will stack on top of the tulle cut another piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire 18″ long and fold it in half. Place the Bowdabra Bow Wire into the Mini Bowdabra. Next, cut a piece of 7/8″ brown satin 10.5″ long. Cut the ends of the satin at opposite angles and seal the ends with clear nail polish.
7. Fold the satin in half to find the center point, place the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra at the center. Next, fold on side to create a 1.5″ loop with the tail of the ribbon pointing up.
8. Fold the other side also at the 1.5″ mark with the tail pointing down.
9. Create a 3″ wide bow tie by cutting a coordinating piece of 7/8″ ribbon 8″ long. Place the end of the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra fold the ribbon over the Mini Bowdabra Towers and place the other end into the towers.
11. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
12. Fluff the bow and arrange the loops.
13. Stack the satin bow onto the tulle puffy bow using the Bowdabra Bow Wire. Use the extra wire to attach a small alligator clip or latex rubber bands.
14. Fluff bow for your furry friend to wear.
15. Make several different colored bows using tulle and Morex Satin Ribbon.
Click here for more dog bow making tutorials.