Looking for an inexpensive way to add fall decor to your home? Well then, I have the Bowdabra Fall Decorating Tutorial for you! I am a bargain gal – anytime I can decorate on the cheap I am thrilled! This summer while I was at the Dollar Store I came across wicker plate holders for paper plates. I thought we would end up using the wicker plate holders but we never did. What to do with something you have no use for – upcycle!
The wicker plate holders are the perfect base to create fall wall decor. The best part about the wicker is that I can easily place floral picks in between the woven wicker – no hot glue necessary!
- Wicker Plate Holder
- Fall floral picks or silk flowers for an old arrangement
- Fall Ribbon
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
1. Begin with the wicker plate holder. Notice the how the wicker has enough spaces to insert floral picks. Also, the wicker edge is perfect to hold everything in place.
2. Start to insert floral picks and silk flowers around the edges and in the center. Leave the top open for a bow.
3. To make the bow cut a piece of 24″ long Bowdabra Bow Wire. Fold it in half and place it into the Bowdabra.
4. Next, place your ribbon into the Bowdabra. Begin with a long tail. If you are using one-sided ribbon fold and twist the ribbon into the Bowdabra.
5. Fold and twist your first loop into the Bowdabra.
6. Continue folding and twisting loops on either side of the Bowdabra.
7. Finish with a long tail on the either side and a fall floral pick on the top of the loops.
8. Scrunch down with the Bowdabra Bow Wand.
9. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
10. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
11. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
12. Fluff the bow.
13. Using the Bowdabra Bow Wire attach the bow to the wicker plate holder. Use the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire to hang the finished fall decor decoration.