This week on the Bowdabra Blog we are featuring Fall Home Decor Craft Tutorials. Add a Decorative Fall Wall Plate in your home for a festive Fall feel. For this craft, I chose a decorative plastic craft plate that I purchased at my local craft store. One of the great things about using a faux craft plate is that you do not have to worry about it being to heavy for your wall or having to attach special hardware.
- Plastic Craft Decorative Craft Plate
- Fall Cardstock
- Fall silk flowers, leaves, and pinecone
- Blessings Twill Ribbon
- 1.5″ Chocolate Satin Ribbon
- 5/8″ Antique Gold Satin Ribbon
- 5/8″ Copper Satin Ribbon
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Craft Glue
- Hot Glue Gun
1. Begin by purchasing a decorative craft plate at your local craft store. I purchased one for $1.99.
2. Using craft glue or a hot glue gun attach “autumn” lettering. Add Fall silk flowers, leaves, and a pinecone. Finish the bottom with twill “blessings” ribbon dovetailed and glued to the plate.
3. Create a bow for the top of the plate. To make the bow cut 24″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and place it into the Bowdabra.
4. Cut tails for the bow using the 1.5″ Chocolate Satin Ribbon. Dovetail the ends of the ribbon and place it into the Bowdabra.
5. Create two loops with the 1.5″ Chocolate Ribbon and cut from the spool.
6. Create four loops with the 5/8″ Copper Satin Ribbon, cut the ribbon from the spool.
7. Create 6 loops with the 5/8″ Antique Gold Satin Ribbon, cut the ribbon from the spool (leave a little tail for finishing the bow).
8. Scrunch down with the Bowdabra Bow Wand. Leave the bow in the Bowdabra for now. Thread the 2 loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
9. Pull the wire tightly so the bow will not fall apart, then remove from the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. Double knot, then trim excess wire.
10. Fluff the bow then cover the Bowdabra Bow Wire with the small piece of Antique Gold Ribbon that was left when you cut it from the spool.
12. Your plate is ready to be hung on the wall to welcome Autumn!