Our Bowdabra Blog this week is focusing on “green” fall home decor. Fall decorations are a wonderful way to decorate your home and welcome the arrival of autumn! Why pay high prices for fall adornments when you can make them yourself cheaply and use items that you already have around your home. Recycle a cardboard tube to create an easy autumn wall decoration. Use the cardboard tube to hold fall foliage and hang the wall decoration on a door or wall.
1. Hole punch a hole towards the top of the cardboard tube. Thread a thin piece of bobbin ribbon through the hole for hanging your inexpensive fall decoration.
2. Using glue dots wrap the tube with ribbon.
3. To make the bow to wrap around your cardboard tube: Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
4. Lay ribbon into the Bowdabra. Decide how big you want your loops. To make your first loop, fold the tie and press into the Bowdabra.
5. Continue folding the ribbon back and forth until you have created as many loops as you desire.
6. Scrunch ribbon down with the Bowdabra Wand.
7. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
8. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
9. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
10. Fluff bow and attach the bow to the tube using the Bowdabra Bow Wire. Place fall floral flowers inside the tube and hang the fall decoration.
Bowdabra is a proud sponsor of Crafters 4 Kids and this craft tutorial is also available on C4K555.org in PDF form for download.