To make this bow you will need:
· Bowdabra Bow Wire
· 3 colors of Tulle (6 inch spool), pre-cut 1 foot long (2 pieces for each color)
· 2” Wire Edged Ribbon
· 3 Colors of feathers
· 1” Satin Ribbon
· 1.5” Decorative Edge Ribbon, pre-cut and dove-tailed to 7 inches
· 2 pieces of polka dot 7/8” Grosgrain Ribbon, pre-cut and dove-tailed to 7 inches
· 2 pieces of Ric Rac, pre-cut to 7 inches
· 7/8” Grosgrain Ribbon
· 3 pieces of 1/8” Grosgrain, pre-cut and dove-tailed to 4 inches
· Hot Glue
1. Start by finding the ribbon, tulle, and feathers that match the room perfectly.
2. Next, cut a piece of 18″ Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold it in half and place it into the Bowdabra.
3. Then, place (in random order) each of the 6 pre-cut colored pieces of tulle in Bowdabra. Scrunch with Bowdabra wand.
4. Then, make an 8” wide, 3 loop bow using 2” Wire Edge Ribbon. Leave tails.
5. Place 3 colors of feathers in Bowdabra so they stick out slightly past the edge of the bow.
6. Then, make a 7” wide, 2 loop bow using 1” Satin Ribbon. Leave tails.
7. Place pre-cut pieces of Decorative Edge Ribbon, Polka Dot Ribbon, and Ric Rac. Place in the order listed previously. Scrunch the bow down with the Bowdabra Wand.
8. Then, make a 6” wide, 2 loop bow using 1” Grosgrain Ribbon. Leave tails.
9. Add a couple feathers and the 3 pre-cut pieces of 1/8” grosgrain.
10. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow and double knot. KEEP EXTRA BOWDABRA WIRE ATTACHED. This will be used to attach to frame.
11. Trim all tails of the extra ribbon.
12. Place 7/8” polka dot ribbon over 1” satin ribbon, and place that over 2” wire-edge ribbon.
13. Tie into a loose knot. Set aside.
14. Prepare bow to have knot glued on by positioning ribbon and tulle exactly where you want it and hold it with one hand. With the other hand do a glue dab on the top and both sides of the bow.
15. Place prepared knot over middle and side of bow and press.
16. Trim one side of knot and glue to back of bow. Glue the other side to back of bow and trim extra ribbon.
17. Trim tulle on each side in rounded motion so it hangs out the desired amount from the edge of the bow.
18. Wrap the same 3 colors of tulle used in bow around the frame wire. Using Bowdabra Bow Wire, tie bow to the top of the frame wire.
19. Hang the frame to add that personalized touch to your child’s room!
***I bought this large frame at a thrift store and spray painted the frame to match the room. I found scrapbook paper that matched the room and “modge-podged” the mat.
***Here are two other ways that I used the same ribbon and the Bowdabra to add some fun to picture frames in the room.