Our Bowdabra Blog has an extensive array of Christmas gift wrapping ideas and tutorials. The Dollar Store has some very festive inexpensive holiday neck ties. For only a dollar you can purchase a tie decorated with a snowman, Santa Claus, and other holiday designs. The Dollar Store’s cheap ties are the perfect bow material to use for creative holiday gift wrapping!
1. Wrap a gift box with wrapping paper.
2. To make the bow using a Dollar Store necktie: Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
3. Lay the smaller end of the necktie into the Mini Bowdabra. Decide how big you want your loops. To make your first loop, fold the tie and press into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. Continue folding the tie back and forth until you have created as many loops as you desire. Leave a large tail.
5. Scrunch ribbon down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
6. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
7. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the BowdabraBow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the BowdabraBow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
9. Fluff the necktie bow. Using the Bowdabra Bow Wire attach the “Tie” Bow to the your gift package.
Bowdabra is a proud sponsor of Crafters 4 Kids and this craft tutorial is also available on the C4K555.org site, as well.