Use gourds and tea lights to design exquisite Thanksgiving table decor. Small gourds are perfect to decorate with for fall and Thanksgiving. Add tea lights to the center of the gourds and finish with a Bowdabra bow for an elegant table centerpiece.
1. Begin by tracing the perimeter of a flame-less tea light. Carefully place the gourd on a cutting a board and using a knife cut the circle. Scoop out some of the seeds and place the flame-less tea light or candle into the gourd.
2. To make the bow for the mini gourd: Cut a 24” piece of BowdabraBow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
3. Cut five coordinating pieces of scrap ribbon 4” in length. Dovetail all five pieces of ribbon. To dovetail both ends: fold the ribbon in half lengthwise. Position your scissors at the folded edge of the ribbon and cut the end at a 45°angle. Lay each piece of 4” length dovetailed ribbon into the Bowdabra.
4. Lay a holiday pick on top.
5. Scrunch ribbon down with the Bowdabra Wand.
6. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
7. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
8. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the BowdabraBow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
9. Fluff bow. Attach the bow to the neck of the gourd. Spiral the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire with a pencil.
10. Place on the table with other gourds and candles for the perfect Thanksgiving centerpiece.