A wonderful hostess gift for Thanksgiving is wine, sparkling cider, or sparkling grape juice. Looking for a creative way to wrap the bottle before giving it as a gift? I purchased little girl’s tights (size 7-10) at the Dollar Store. One leg, of the tights, is the perfect fit for holding a bottle of wine or sparkling juice. Add a ribbon, bows, and other embellishments for an elegant hostess holiday gift.
- Little Girls size 7-10 Tights
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Beauty 1.5″ Satin Ribbon
- Orange 7/8″ Satin Ribbon
- Tangerine 7/8″ Satin Ribbon
- Saffron 5/8″ Satin Ribbon
- Small Pinecone
- Raffia or something similiar
- Wine or Sparkling Juice
1. Begin with a wine bottle or sparkling juice bottle and inexpensive tights.
2. Place the sparkling juice into the tights leg. Cut the leg from the tights and then wrap the end around the top of the bottle and knot.
3. Add a bow to the bottle. To make the bow first cut 24″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold it in half and place it into the Bowdabra.
4. Add a few strips of raffia, hay, wheat, or something similar. I just pulled a few pieces from an old fall decoration. Place them into the Bowdabra.
5. Cut a strip and dovetail the end, of the large 1″ Beauty satin ribbon. Place the strip into the Bowdabra.
6. Create 4 loops each using the orange, tangerine, and saffron ribbon.
7. Scrunch down the bow with the Bowdabra Bow Wand.
8. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
9. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
10. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
11. Fluff the bow.
12. Cut strips of orange, tangerine, and saffron ribbon and tie them onto the neck of the bottle.
13. Attach your finished bow using the Bowdabra Bow Wire to the ribbon. Spiral the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire with a pencil or paint brush handle for fun ringlets.
14. To cover the Bowdabra Bow Wire hot glue a pine cone to the center of the bow.
15. Your elegant hostess gift is complete and ready to be given as a gift this Thanksgiving!