Our Bowdabra Blog has a huge selection of gift wrapping tutorials. Use scrap fabric, bandannas, scarfs, cloth napkins, and other recycled materials for gift wrap. Cloth gift wrapping is a perfect solution for hard to wrap gift items. Using scrap fabric or recycled cloth materials is the perfect Eco-friendly gift wrapping idea.
1. Place odd shaped gift or gift without a box into the center of fabric. Pull sides of the fabric up to the top of the gift. Wrap Bowdabra Bow Wire around the top to hold it all in place.
2. To make the bow for the cloth wrapping: Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
3. Lay your ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra. Decide how big you want your loops. To make your first loop, fold the ribbon and press into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. Continue folding the ribbon back and forth until you have created as many loops as you desire.
5. Lay holiday floral pick into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Scrunch ribbon down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
7. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
8. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
9. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
10. Fluff bow and attach it to the Bowdabra Bow Wire that is holding the cloth together. Your scrap fabric gift wrapping is complete and ready to be given as a gift.
11. Use different fabrics, ribbons and embellishments for any occasion!