We are showcasing gift wrapping tutorials on our Bowdabra Blog. Create beautiful and unique gift wrappings to place under the Christmas tree. Instead of the standard paper gift bag how about a duct tape holiday gift bag! Add a poinsettia duct tape bow to finish the duct tape holiday package. Create two poinsettia bows and use one for your hair or as a pin and one for your gift bag.
1. Begin by purchasing green and red duct tape.
2. Pull a large strip of duct tape from the roll. Fold the duct tape on itself but leave it on the roll. It makes it easier to work with.
3. Pull the duct tape farther from the roll and fold the other side on it’s self. Now cut or tear the duct tape from the roll.
4. Make three strips, our strips are 16” long. But they can be as long as you want them as long as each strip is similar in size.
5. Cover the seams with more duct tape front and back.
6. Cover the ends of the duct tape with green duct tape.
7. Cut a long strip of green duct tape. Add a slightly smaller in length piece of green duct tape over it. You should have an 1” or 2” of sticky tape on each side.
8. Fold the duct tape sheet in half and attach the handle to the top by pressing the tape along the sides.
9. Add duct tape along the sides to finish the gift bag.
10. Place a gift in the duct tape bag. Gift recipient can use the gift bag as a purse, as well.
11. Begin by gathering your materials. You will need a Mini Bowdabra, Bowdabra Hair Bow Tool and Ruler, and Bowdabra Bow Wire.
12. Place the Bowdabra® Hair Bow Tool and Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra, leaving a space at the bottom for the Mini Bowdabra tower to move. Cut an 18” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
13. Cut green strips of duct tape about 16” long and then fold them in half. Cut red strips of duct about 12” long and then fold those in half. Make several green and red strips.
14. Next fold the strips in half. At the fold cut poinsettia leaves and petals; leave about an inch of the fold still in place. When you open the strips it should look like this.
15. Pinch the duct tape at the center and slide it into the Mini Bowdabra.
16. Continue pinching the center of the leaves and placing them into the Mini Bowdabra.
17. Next, add the red petals to the top by pinching the center and sliding them.
18. Scrunch down with Mini Bowdabra Wand.
19. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
20. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
21. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
22. Fluff the poinsettia bow and gently form the flower by pulling and placing the leaves and petals symmetrically.
23. Attach an alligator clip by threading the Bowdabra Wire through the center prongs and then around the top and the bottom of the clip.
24. Wear a bow in your hair and a bow for a duct tape gift bag. Just attach the bow to the duct tape gift bag using the alligator clip.
Bowdabra is a proud sponsor of Crafters 4 Kids and this craft tutorial is also available on the C4K555.org site, as well