Our Bowdabra Blog shares an easy tutorial to design inexpensive holiday frames using scrapbooking materials, bobbin ribbons, and embellishments. Purchase cheap acrylic frames for less than a dollar to make a Seasons Greetings holiday gift.
- 2 5×7 Acrylic Frames
- Scrapbooking Paper
- Card Punches
- Glue Stick
- Glue Dots or Double-Sided Tape
- Circle Bubbles Pink Bobbin Ribbon
- Circle Bubbles Blue Bobbin Ribbon
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler (cm side)
- Bowdabra Bow Wire Silver
1. Begin by deciding your color scheme and choosing scrapbooking papers, punches, and ribbons.
2. Assemble the scrapbooking cut-outs and punches together using a glue stick.
3. Insert the scrapbooking layout inside of the acrylic frames.
4. Attach ribbon along the top of the frames using double-sided tape or Glue Dots to hold the ribbon in place. Glue snowflakes and sequins to the outside of the frame.
5. To make the bows for the frames place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler (metric side) on top of the Mini Bowdabra. Cut a piece of 18″ Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Cut a piece of bobbin ribbon 21cm’s long. Place the ribbon end face down into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Place the other end into the Mini Bowdabra face down.
8. Press the center of the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra to create 4cm loops on each side.
9. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
10. Then thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
11. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
12. Fluff the bow and glue it on the top center of the frame. Add a sequin to the center of bow.
13. Make a second bow and add it to the frame. Your “Seasons Greetings” holiday frames are done and ready to be given as a present.