Add ribbon hair bows to gift wrapping! The bows will not only make the gift package look gorgeous but also can be reused and worn as hair bows! I love when I can create something that has a multipurpose. Recently, my daughter was attending a little’s girls birthday party. I created identical pig-tail bows using the Mini Bowdabra and Hair Bow Tool & Ruler. I then attached the hair bows to alligator clips that clipped onto the gift bag handles easily.
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler with Hair Bow Making CD
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- 5/8″ Grosgrain Ribbon
- 3/8″ White Grosgrain
- Alligator Clips
- Hot Glue Gun
1. Begin with the Mini Bowdabra, Hair Bow T0ol & Ruler, Bowdabra Bow Wire, and Interactive Hair Bow Making CD.
2. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
3. Cut the ribbon according the Ribbon Length Chart in the Hair Bow Making CD. Cut the ribbon for making a 3″ Boutique Bow. Place the ribbon print side down into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. Fold the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra to create the Boutique Bow (the Interactive CD gives step-by-step instructions for creating the ribbon loops).
5. Add a ribbon strand with dovetailed ends onto the bow.
6. Scrunch ribbon down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
7. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
8. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
9. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
10. Use 3/8″ ribbon to attach a finishing ribbon to the bows to hide the wire. Clip the hair bows onto the gift wrap.