1. Begin by gathering all the supplies you will need to make a bow for your pillow package.
2. Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra bow wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
3. Place a piece of the ribbon in the Bowdabra. This will be one of the two tails used for the bow.
4. Take the end of the ribbon and twist the side that has the longest end and place it right side facing down-wards into the Bowdabra. This is the beginning of your first loop.
5. Fold the ribbon to make a loop. Twist the ribbon 180° and press down into the Bowdabra. The right side of the ribbon will now be facing down, ready for your next mini loop.
6. Next, create a mini loop that will be seen at the middle of the bow.
7. Scrunch down the ribbon with the Bowdabra wand.
8. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra bow wire through the loop at the other end.
9. Pull the bow wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
10. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the bow wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the bow wire securely against the bow.
11. Fluff and shape the bow.
12. Then, attach the ribbon to the ribbon around the pillow.
13. Using the Bowdabra Bow Wire attach the bow to the ribbon.
14. Display holiday pillows as little Christmas packages for easy outside holiday decorating.
Bowdabra Giveaway Alert:
Visit Sew Woodsy for a chance to win a Mini Bowdabra, Hair Bow Tool & Ruler, Hair Bow Making CD, and Bowdabra Bow Wire. Contest ends Dec. 18th, 2011 at midnight.