This is a great way to use recycled materials and last year’s Christmas cards to create a unique one-of-a-kind holiday serving tray. Create the serving tray using a wooden picture frame and kitchen cabinet handles. Complete the serving tray with a mosaic of pictures re-purposed from the previous year’s Christmas Cards.
- Mini Bowdabra®
- Bowdabra® Bow Wire
- Wooden Picture Frame
- Cabinet Handles
- 2.5″ Wire Ribbon
- “Last Years” Christmas Cards
- Small Ornaments
- Glue Dots
1. Begin by taking the glass out of a wooden frame. Pre-drill the holes on each side of the frame for handles. Use kitchen cabinet handles that can be bought at a local hardware store. *Helpful Hint* -The screws that come with the handles will most likely be too long, purchase screws separately.
2. Using “last years” Christmas Cards cut out shapes with fun edges and place them on the bottom of your tray. Use glue dots to keep the pictures in place. Place glass back onto the frame to hold everything in place and give it a nice finish.
3. To make the bows for the Tray’s Handles: Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
4. Cut a piece of ribbon to make bow tails. Dove-tail the ends of ribbon by folding your ribbon in half and cutting at a 45 degree angle.
5. Lay your ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra. Decide how big you want your loops. To make your first loop, fold the ribbon and press into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Continue folding the ribbon back and forth until you have created as many loops as you desire.
7. Scrunch ribbon down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
8. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the BowdabraBow Wire through the loop at the other end.
9. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the BowdabraBow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
11. Fluff your bow and attach small little ornaments to the center of the bow using Bowdabra Bow Wire.
12. Follow the instructions to make another identical bow. Attach both bows to the tray’s handles. Spiral Bowdabra Bow Wire into fun little ringlets by wrapping it around a pencil.