Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Make a few flower bows with the Mini Bowdabra, some bobby pins and a small flower pot. It’s easy, fun and worth the priceless smile on your daughter, granddaughter or niece’s face.
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need for this project. I used sheer wire edged ribbon to create the flowers. Choice a selection of colors. Red, pink, and silver ribbon are the perfect combination for Valentine’s Day flower colors.
2. Place the Hair Bow & Ruler (metric side) on top of the Mini Bowdabra. Cut a 18” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
3. Before placing the end of the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra, seal the end of the ribbon with clear nail polish. The clear nail polish keeps the ribbon from fraying. It dries quickly so there is no need to wait. Fold the ribbon through the center of the Mini Bowdabra like an accordion.
4. Continue folding the ribbon in to the center of the Mini Bowdabra till you have the desired amount. Once you feel like you have enough cut the ribbon from the spool and seal the end with clear nail polish.
5. Scrunch down the ribbon with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
6. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the BowdabraBow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the BowdabraBow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra and separate the two loose ends of the BowdabraBow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
7. Fluff the bow and form the flower shape by gently pulling and twisting the top half of the bow. Slide a bobby pin through the Bowdabra Bow Wire and trim away excess wire. Follow the instructions to make a few more flower bows.
8. Fill the flower pot with moss and glue one or two plastic leaves near the top of the pot. Place the flower bows in the pot.
9. How adorable are these flower hair pins! Add a clear bag to your ribbon flower arrangement for the perfect Valentine’s Day gift!
Added to following link parties: