Create a multi-layered stacked boutique style hair bow for Valentine’s Day. Create this beautiful hair bow using the Mini Bowdabra and Hair Bow Tool & Ruler. Place multiple layers of ribbons into the Mini Bowdabra to make a gorgeous bow in a few easy steps.
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- 26″ of 1.5″ Red Grosgrain Ribbon
- 23″ of 7/8″ White Grosgrain Ribbon
- 23″ of 7/8″ Pink Grosgrain Ribbon
- 3/8″ Red Grosgrain for Korker Ribbon
- 3/8″ White Grosgrain for Korker Ribbon
- 3/8″ Pink Grosgrain for Korker Ribbon
- 3/8″ Grey Grosgrain for Korker Ribbon
- Woven Ribbon Hearts
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hair Bow Hardware
1. Begin by creating korker ribbon. To make korker ribbon wrap 3/8″ grosgrain ribbon around small dowels and bake in the oven at 275 degrees for 20 minutes. To learn more about how to bake the ribbon please visit our Korker Ribbon link with video.
5. Place eight 6″ strands of korker into the Mini Bowdabra and then scrunch with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
6. To add another layer of loops cut 2 pieces of 7/8″ wide grosgrain ribbon 23″ long. Have the ends meets and place them into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Create a loop at the 2″ mark and bring the ribbon around and press it into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Create a total of 4 pointed loops at the 2″ mark. Keep the ribbon tightly together when making the loops. Scrunch with the wand.
8. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
9. Fluff the bow and separate the loops.
10. Line an alligator clip with 3/8″ red grosgrain to match the back of the bow. Use the Bowdabra Bow Wire to attach the alligator clip to the back of the bow. Clip away excess wire.
11. Glue 3/8″ red grosgrain around the Bowdabra Bow Wire to hid the wire completely.
12. Visit our tutorial for making woven ribbon hearts. Create 3 hearts to match your hair bow. Glue two hearts onto the center of the bow.
13. Glue the final heart to the center of the bow.
14. The hair bow is complete and ready to be worn.
This bow was in the Top 12 Crafts of 2012