Make a card to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. You can use this as a sample and make it with your own stamps and supplies. Maggie of Maggie’s Cat House creates a gorgeous St. Patrick’s Day card and finishes the card with a beautiful Mini Bowdabra Bow.
Digi Image stamp – Beary Lucky from shellysimages.com
Stamped sentiment – Wishing the Luck of the Irish – Rubberhedgehog.com, stamped with Tuxedo Memento Black
Cardstock – Gina K Designs; Stampin Up, Garden Green
Pattern Paper – unknown , from my stash
Nestabilities: Circle and Scallop Circle
Accessories: 5/8″ Sheer Hunter Green Ribbon – Stampin Up (retired), Bowdabra gold wire; green brads, Glitter hat – Recollections
Copic Markers: E27, E30, E31, E34, E35; G03, G05, G07, G14, G19; T5, T6, T7, Y13, Y17, Y18, Y19, Y26, Y28, YG11, YG13, W0
Instructions for making the bow:
1. Begin by placing the Mini Bowdabra Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half place it into the Mini Bowdabra. Place the ribbon to create a 2.5″ tail. Fold and press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra to form a 1.5″ loop.
2. Continue to fold the ribbon to create as many 1.5″ loops as you need.
3. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
4. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Trim tail on the other side for a match.
5. To cover the gold wire, take another piece of the green ribbon and put a small Glue Dot on the end. Attach the ribbon to the back of the bow and then put another Glue Dot on top of that. Wrap the ribbon around the bow and stick it to the open Glue Dot and then cut off the end close to the Glue Dot. Take another Glue Dot and put it on the back of your ribbon and place it on your card wherever you want it. Enjoy!