Design a woven ribbon clover to use for scrapbooking, card-making, or for hair clips. This woven ribbon clover would look adorable as an embellishment on a scrapbook layout! Or if you are in to hair bow making add this ribbon clover to the center of a hair bow or attach onto a hair clip by its self. The possibilities are endless!
- 17.5″ of 3/8 Green Grosgrain
- Hot Glue Gun
- Lighter or Nail Polish (To seal the ends of the ribbon.)
1. Begin by cutting 3 strips of 5″ ribbon. The remaining ribbon will be for stem of the clover. Seal the ends of the ribbon with a lighter or clear nail polish.
2. Fold two strips in half and create a crease. The crease is the center point of the ribbon. At the creases hot glue the ribbon together to form an X.
3. Fold the top left ribbon strand and hot glue the end under the bottom left ribbon.
4. Fold the bottom left strand, weave it through the loop and hot glue it on the top of the left (top) ribbon.
5. Turn the ribbon so that the free ribbon strands are on the left side. Follow the instructions above and weave the same loops on the other side.
6. Complete the loops.
7. Next, take the other 5″ strand and fold it in the middle to form a V with a flat bottom. I tacked it in place with a small dab of hot glue.
8. Fold the right loop to the bottom hot glue in place. (Notice: This clover section we are making the opposite).
9. Take the left ribbon strand weave it under than over and hot glue in place.
10. Hot glue the one section of the ribbon clover to the center of the two. (Want a four leaf clover? Just make another section and hot glue it in place.)
11. Hot glue the clover stem to the back of the clover.