Looking to spruce up your home for the upcoming Irish holiday, better known as St. Patrick’s Day? Make this simple fabric wreath in 30 minutes to add a touch a green to your every day décor.
- MDF Wreath
- St. Patrick’s Day Fabric
- Hot Glue Gun and Hot Glue Sticks
- St. Patrick’s Wire Garland
- Mini Bowdabra
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- 2 inch wide wire edged ribbon
1.Gather all of your supplies to create the wreath.
2. Using your sewing machine begin sewing a pleated ruffle.
3. Place the pleated ruffle pattern size down and place the MDF wreath on top.
4. Begin applying hot glue to the back of the MDF wreath.
5. Carefully wrap one side of the fabric around the MDF wreath.
6. Follow the step above and repeat by wrapping the other side of the fabric around the wreath.
7. Repeat the last 6 steps above for the second piece of fabric.
8. This is how your wreath will look once it is completely wrapped.
9. Gather your St. Patrick’s Day Wire Garland.
10. Begin unwinding the wire garland and hot gluing it to the outside of the wreath.
11. Wrap two to three layers of wire garland around the outside of the fabric wreath.
12. Wrap the wire garland around the inside of the wreath securing it with hot glue every few inches.
13. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need for this project. Cut ribbon and seal each end of the ribbon with clear nail polish. The nail polish dries quickly so there is no need to wait for it to dry.
14. Place Bowdabra® Hair Bow Tool and Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra, leaving a space at the bottom for the Mini Bowdabra tower to move. Cut an 18”piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
15. Place a piece of the ribbon in the Mini Bowdabra.
16. Fold the ribbon over and press into the Mini Bowdabra. This is the beginning of your first loop. *This bow was made 3 inches long on each side.
17. Fold the ribbon to make a loop.
18. Repeat, folding the ribbon again to make another loop.
19. Repeat one more time so that you’ll have four loops created.
20. Next, create a mini loop that will be seen at the middle of the bow.
21. Scrunch down the ribbon with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
22. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra bow wire through the loop at the other end.
23. Pull the bow wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
24. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the bow wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the bow wire securely against the bow.
25. Fluff and shape the bow.
26. Attach the ribbon to the wreath, and cut the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire.
27. Display your wreath so everyone can admire it!
(OVER) There are multiple ways to enter our month long giveaway:
The ways to enter the giveaway with this post are the following: (4 entries per person for this post)
(1 entry) Click the Pin It button at the bottom of this post. Please mark the pin with @bowdabra so that we can easily find it in a search. Please leave a comment below that you pinned it along with your Pinterest name. We would love to follow your boards!
(1 entry) Leave a comment below about the tutorial.
(1 entry) Visit the designer of this tutorial Katie of SewWoodsy and follow her RSS Feed (Her RSS Feed with Feedburner is located on the top right of her blog banner). Leave a comment below that you are following her.
(1 entry) Get Daily Bowdabra Blog Updates. Enter your email address in the field on the right side bar and get an email every time we add a new tutorial. Leave a comment below that you signed up for our daily updates.
Join us for Bowdabra’s National Craft Month celebration for lots of great ways to enter in our month long giveaway. Contest begins March 1, 2012 and ends March 31, 2012 at midnight eastern time. Winners to be announce April 2, 2012 at http://bowdabrablog.com
- Grand Prize – Ribbon totaling in value of $150.00
- 2nd Prize – Bowdabra, Mini Bowdabra, and Hair Bow Tool & Ruler Suggested Retail: $41.54
- 3rd Prize – Mini Bowdabra and Hair Bow Tool & Ruler Suggested Retail: $24.11
**Each blog post brings more entries into our month long contest. Visit our National Craft Month Giveaway Page for a list of all the posts (each day a new post is added to the list), contest rules, and contest help.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.