Make a Holiday Day Tutu Dress with fabric and tulle. Then use the same materials from the tutu dress in the bow to make a perfect match. Find the materials and start the fun. I did a St. Patrick’s bow and dress, but there are so many adorable selections of fabric for every Holiday. I did a rhinestone holiday iron on saying on the top to add to the cuteness. The possibilities are endless!!!
To make this bow you will need:
· Mini Bowdabra
· Hair Bow Tool and Ruler
· Bowdabra Bow Wire
· 2 colors of Tulle (6 inch spool), 6 “ piece
· 4” wide strip of Holiday fabric
· 1.5” grosgrain ribbon, 4 “ piece, dovetailed
· 3/4” polka dot grosgrain (I also put this on the dress at the waist to tie it together)
· French Clip
· Hot Glue
1. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler on top of the Mini Bowdabra. Cut a piece of 18″ Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Then put a 6” piece of the black tulle in the mini Bowdabra. Scrunch with fingers.
3. Then put a 6” piece of the green sparkle tulle in the mini Bowdabra. Scrunch with fingers.
4. Next, following the instructions on the Interactive CD, that comes with the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler, make 4” wide boutique bow using 4” wide strip of Holiday fabric. Leave Tails. Scrunch with Bowdabra Wand. (NOTE: You can sew two pieces of fabric together….ugly sides together….and then invert it so there are no raw edges, but I liked the look of the raw edge for this particular bow)
5. Then put the 4” piece dovetailed grosgrain in the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Next, make 3” wide boutique bow using the polka dot grosgrain. Leave Tails and dovetail them to look like a bow. Scrunch with Bowdabra Wand.
7. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the BowdabraBow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the BowdabraBow Wire securely against the bow and double knot.
8. Trim tails of the fabric bow.
9. Tie a loose know with a strip of the Holiday fabric. Prepare bow to have the Holiday fabric knot glued on by positioning ribbon exactly where you want it and hold it with one hand. With the other hand do a glue dab on the top and both sides of the bow. Place Holiday fabric knot over middle and side of bow and press. Then, trim one side of knot and glue to back of bow. Glue the other side to back of bow and trim extra ribbon.
10. Hold french clip open (to ensure clip not getting glue on the inside) and glue top of it. Then press to back of bow.
11. Trim edges of Tulle in a rounded fashion if desired.
12. Your bow is ready to wear!