Designing an Easter tree is very easy and a great way to showcase little Easter charms and ornaments. The best part about making an Easter tree is taking a walk in the woods and searching for the perfect little branches to create your Easter decoration! The walk searching for branches can be done with family, friends, or a great way to get children involved with Easter decorating and have them search for the branches.
- Small Branches
- Spray Paint
- Small Basket
- Styrofoam Ball cut in half
- Shredded Basket Filler
- Wire Ribbon
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
1. Begin by finding the perfect branches to create your tree. Spray paint them to seal them. Next, cut a Styrofoam ball large enough to fit into a round wicker basket. Place the branches into the Styrofoam and add shredded basket filler to the top of the ball.
2. Hang Easter charms onto the tree. Looking for some fun Easter egg decorations to make? Our polka dot ribbon eggs would work, as well.
3. Create large bow for the front of the basket using scrap ribbon. Cut wide width wire ribbon about 6″ long. Cut the ends of the ribbon into a pointed shape. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Bowdabra.
4. Fold the ribbon in half to create a crease. At the crease place the ribbon into the Bowdabra.
5. Continue adding one ribbon at a time into the Bowdabra. Until you have as many as you would like.
6. Scrunch down with the Bowdabra Wand.
7. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
9. Fluff the bow and shape the wire ribbon petals.
10. Attach the bow to the front of the basket.
Join us for Bowdabra’s National Craft Month celebration for lots of great ways to enter in our month long giveaway. Contest begins March 1, 2012 and ends March 31, 2012 at midnight eastern time. Winners to be announce April 2, 2012 at http://bowdabrablog.com
- Grand Prize – Ribbon totaling in value of $150.00
- 2nd Prize – Bowdabra, Mini Bowdabra, and Hair Bow Tool & Ruler Suggested Retail: $41.54
- 3rd Prize – Mini Bowdabra and Hair Bow Tool & Ruler Suggested Retail: $24.11