Design a little Easter hostess gift, teacher’s gift, or co-workers gift using a small teacup. Purchase a teacup at the Dollar Store, local consignment shop, or recycle one that you already have on hand. Fill the teacup with shredded basket filler, add little candies, and finish with a Mini Bowdabra Bow.
- Teacup (saucer optional)
- Basket Filler
- 5/8″ Yellow Satin
- 3/16″ Picot Ribbon
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
1. Begin by purchasing or recycling a teacup. Fill the teacup with basket filler.
2. Fill the teacup with little candies and chocolates.
2. Tie 3/16″ picot ribbon around the rim of the teacup. Optional: Use small little Glue Dots to hold the ribbon in place.
3. To create a bow for the front of the teacup first place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. Place the end of 5/8″ yellow satin ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Fold and press the ribbon to create a 1.5″ loop.
6. Press a 1.5″ loop on the either side and trim away excess ribbon.
7. Place the 3/16″ picot ribbon end into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Fold and press the ribbon to create 1″ loops.
9. Create as many 1″ loops as you would like.
10. Trim away excess ribbon and scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
11. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
12. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
13. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
14. Fluff bow.
15. Using the Bowdabra Bow Wire attach the bow to the front of the teacup. Spiral the wire with a paintbrush or pencil to create fun ringlets.
16. Hot glue a little wooden bunny, button, or other embellishment to the front of the bow.
17. Your Easter teacup gift is complete and ready to be given as a gift or used a decoration for your home.
Join us for Bowdabra’s National Craft Month celebration for lots of great ways to enter in our month long giveaway. Contest begins March 1, 2012 and ends March 31, 2012 at midnight eastern time. Winners to be announce April 2, 2012 at http://bowdabrablog.com
- Grand Prize – Ribbon totaling in value of $150.00
- 2nd Prize – Bowdabra, Mini Bowdabra, and Hair Bow Tool & Ruler Suggested Retail: $41.54
- 3rd Prize – Mini Bowdabra and Hair Bow Tool & Ruler Suggested Retail: $24.11