Design an inspiring plaque to hang in your home or to give as a gift. Add beautiful embellishments like pearl strands, buttons, bronze pearls, and ribbon. Use the Cricut Straight From the Nest cartridge to create the saying, “Spread your wings” and flower branches. Finish the plaque with Mod Podge and a Mini Bowdabra Bow.
- Wood Plaque
- Cricut Straight From the Nest
- Pearl Strand
- Butterfly Buttons
- Bronze Pearls
- 3/8″ Hot Pink Satin
- 5/8″ Light Pink Satin
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Mod Podge
- Acrylic Paint
- Hot Glue Gun
1. Sand wooden plaque if needed and wipe away excess sawdust.
2. Add a coat of neutral colored acrylic paint.
3. Cut cardstock either using Cricut Straight From the Nest Cartridge or use stencils that you have on hand.
4. Using Mod Podge decoupage cardstock onto the plaque and let dry.
5. Add buttons and a pearl strand around the edge of the plaque.
6. Finish with little bronze pearl accents.
7. Attach 3/8″ satin ribbon to the back to hang the plaque. I hot glued the ribbon to the back but it could also be tacked down.
8. Create a coordinating bow to attach to the hanger of the plaque. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half in place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
9. Cut 19″ of 5/8″ satin ribbon, dovetail the ends, and fold the ribbon in half to create a crease mark. At the crease mark place the ribbon into Mini Bowdabra.
10. Fold the ribbon to create a 1.5″ loop.
11. Fold the other side to create another 1.5″ loop.
12. Fold the tails down to make two more 1.5″ loops.
13. Add a 3″ long pearl strand.
14. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
15. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
16. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
17. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot. Fluff bow.
18. Use the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire to tie the bow to the ribbon handle of the plaque. Trim excess away wire.
19. Your inspirational plaque is finished and is ready to be hung.
Join us for Bowdabra’s National Craft Month celebration for lots of great ways to enter in our month long giveaway. Contest begins March 1, 2012 and ends March 31, 2012 at midnight eastern time. Winners to be announce April 2, 2012 at http://bowdabrablog.com
- Grand Prize – Ribbon totaling in value of $150.00
- 2nd Prize – Bowdabra, Mini Bowdabra, and Hair Bow Tool & Ruler Suggested Retail: $41.54
- 3rd Prize – Mini Bowdabra and Hair Bow Tool & Ruler Suggested Retail: $24.11