Do you have a baby shower to host or a gift to give? Make a beautiful diaper cake to display as a decoration at your party. It also makes a perfect gift for that cute bundle of joy. Everyone will be amazed at your new talent. This is a quick and easy gift and it will look professionally done.
- Mini Bowdabra
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Sheer ribbon
- 1.5″ Pink Grosgrain Ribbon
- 1.5″ Black Grosgrain Ribbon
- 2 baby Bottles
- 60 Diapers
- Clear rubber bands
- Glue gun or double stick tape
- Baby shoes or other baby items
- 1 Plate
- White yarn, string or 3 large rubberbands
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need to make the diaper cake. Roll each diaper from bottom to top. Use a clear rubber band to keep in place.
2. I used size three diapers because babies are in these the most. I rolled a total of 60 diapers.
3. To make the bottom tier: Place one baby bottle on top of your plate. Place six diapers around the baby bottle. Use white yarn, string or a large rubber band to tie around. Pull tightly. I used white yarn because it was the easiest to work with.
4. Next, place twelve diapers around the six diapers and tie the yarn around the diapers. Do the same thing with 18 diapers. You should have three layers.
5. Make middle tier: Place six diapers around the baby bottle you used to make the bottom tier. Use yarn to tie around the diapers to secure tightly. Next, place twelve diapers around the six diapers to make a second layer. Tie yarn around to secure tightly. Set aside. Next, wrap grosgrain ribbon around the tier to give it a finish look and hid the yarn. I used 1.5” grosgrain wrapped the ribbon and finished with a square ribbon cover to keep the ends of the ribbon from showing.
6. Make top tier: Place six diapers around a baby bottle and secure tightly with yarn. Place this tier on top of the bottom and middle tiers. The baby bottles should be touching. If they aren’t, scoot the top tier down a tiny bit so it’s touching the diapers. The baby bottle should be sticking out but don’t worry, we will cover it. Wrap all the layers with grosgrain.
7. Next, use your Mini Bowdabra to make a simple bow. I used the fold bow method by making 2-3 loops on each side. I used white and pink sheer ribbon.
8. Once your bow is formed scrunch down the ribbon using the Mini Bowdabra wand. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out and fluff.
9. Tie the new bow around the top baby bottle. Use confetti to decorate each level and add some tiny baby shoes or a homemade hat at the top.
10. Your party will look beautiful with your new diaper cake display.