Make the Best-Ever cupcakes for your next baby shower. They are quick, easy and homemade. We love personalizing our cupcakes to match the theme of the party. If it is a girl, use pink. If it is a boy, use blue. If you aren’t sure, make both! Break out of the typical pink and blue and go with another color. Either way, this is a quick and easy dessert for the next baby shower you host.
- Best-Ever Cupcakes (see below for recipe & ingredients)
- Circle tags
- G and B tags
- Pop dots
- Mini babies
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Organdy pink polka dot ribbon 8″ to go around cupcake, 12″ for bow
- Organdy blue polka dot ribbon 8″ to go around cupcakes, 12″ for bow
- 6″ and 10″ white ribbon
1. Bake the cupcakes and let cool.
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
3 T. baking cocoa
1 c. sugar
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
6 T. oil
1 t. vanilla extract
1 c. cold water
16 oz container frosting
In a bowl, blend all the ingredients except frosting; fill 12 paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees. for 20 minutes; cool before frosting; Makes one dozen.
2. Frost cupcakes.
3. Wrap 8″ ribbon around the cupcake liner. Use a glue dot to attach the ribbon to the liner.
4. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Add an 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire. Fold the wire in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Take a circle tag, add on a glue dot and layer on the letter. Use a 6″ piece of white ribbon and attach it to the tag.
6. Add a scrap of silver Bowdabra wire and then the tag on top of that.
7. Use the 10″ white ribbon, make a tail and fold it into the Bowdabra mini. Use the measurements marks to make equal bows and tails.
8. Make a tail and fold the polka dot ribbon into the Bowdabra mini. Use the measurement marks to make equal bows and tails.
9. Scrunch with wand. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra and knot it off.
10. Use the Bowdabra wire to wrap around the cupcake and tie it in the back.