Create inexpensive DIY wedding table centerpieces using the Mini Bowdabra to design exquisite curling ribbon flowers. The curling ribbon flowers can be placed into tubes and used as wedding favors for a dual purpose. The Mini Bowdabra is an amazing tool to fold and hold the ribbon in place. Make several curling ribbon flowers for each wedding table that guests can take home as a keepsake.
- Silver and Gold Curling Ribbon
- Mini Bowdabra
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Elastic Band
- Hot Glue Gun
- 3 tubes filled with confetti, rice, candies, or beads
- Glass Party Bowl
- 22 gauge wire
1. Begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Place the elastic band around the ruler before the 2″ mark.
3. Place the curling ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra. Place the ribbon shiny side up at the 1″ mark. Helpful Hints: You want the outside of the curling ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. Fold the curling ribbon and crease it at the 2″ mark. Fold the ribbon and hold it in place with the elastic band.
5. Continue folding the ribbon and placing it under the elastic. One side should be folded at the 1″ mark the other to not exceed the 2.25″ mark. Fold the ribbon 14 times and then cut the curling ribbon from the spool.
6. Next, place the silver ribbon shiny side up at the 1″ mark. Fold the press at the 2.25″ mark. Hold the ribbon in place with the elastic band.
7. Fold the ribbon 28 times at the 2.25″ mark and the 1″ mark. Trim away excess ribbon.
8. Add the gold ribbon, place the ribbon shiny side up at the 1″ mark. Fold the ribbon at the 2″ mark and hold it in place with the elastic band.
9. Fold the ribbon 14 times and cut the curling ribbon.
10. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
11. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
12. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
13. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back. Position the curling ribbon so that the gold is around the edges and the silver is inside.
14. Knot the Bowdabra Bow Wire and trim away excess. Place the hot glue on the inside of the 1″ curling ribbon and hot glue it all together. Hot glue additional curling ribbon around the end to hide the Bowdabra Bow Wire and hold it all together.
15. Start first around the edges. Take each curling ribbon petal open it up and twist once. Twist each petal around the edges and then work toward the center petals.
16. Make several flowers, reverse the colors and place gold on the inside and silver on the outside. To make a few slightly larger flowers start at the 2.25″ mark and don’t exceed 2.5″.
17. Place confetti, rice, candies, or beads into plastic tubes. Attach charms to the tubes and place them into a glass bowl. Helpful Hints: Plastic tubes come in a variety of sizes. Choose the size that best fits the glass bowl and the number of curling ribbon flowers you need to make.
18. Place curling ribbon flowers into the tubes. To keep the flowers strongly in place add 22 gauge wire to the flowers. Twist the wire around the stems.
19. Place the flowers into the tubes to create the centerpiece.
20. Make enough curling ribbon flowers to be placed on all the tables. Use different colored curling ribbons to match your wedding’s color scheme.