Most mom’s just want a little extra attention on Mother’s Day. For me, that includes not having to do any laundry, plan a meal, do dishes or fuss at anyone to pick up their socks! I LOVE it when my family cooks brunch for me. A simple little meal that includes a flower and a cup of tea.
Here is a picture of one of my favorite tea cups. My daughter had the idea of putting a bow on the handle to make it extra special. She is 13 and now knows how to make this simple bow using the Mini Bowdabra.
- Mini Bowdabra
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- 8 inches of Iridescent Edge Sheer Lite Pink Ribbon-To-Bead or any 3/8 inch wide Iridescent Ribbon
- 10 inches of Organdy black polka dot ribbon
- Two 6 inch scraps of ribbon to match colors
- tea cup
1. Cut a piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire 18 inches long. Fold it in half and place into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Place the Iridescent Ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra leaving a 3 inch long tail. Next, create 2 identical loops on either side of the Mini Bowdabra. Cut the ribbon from the spool to leave another 3 inch long tail. I used Iridescent Ribbon-To-Bead for my bow, but any Iridescent 3/8 wide ribbon can be used.
3. Want to make perfect angle cuts on your ribbon? Fold it in half and then cut it at an angle. Open it for the perfect V cut tail.
4. Make a tail and fold the polka dot ribbon back and forth into the Mini Bowdabra. Add in the two 6″ scraps of matching ribbon.
5. Scrunch the bow center with the Mini Bowdabra wand. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra and knot it off. Don’t cut the excess wire.
6. Use the excess wire on the bow to tie around the handle of the tea cup or around the entire tea cup.
Eggs Benedict is a very easy breakfast to put together. The secret to this recipe is in the sauce!
Easy Eggs Benedict- serves 1 hungry mom
1 English muffin, split and lightly toasted and buttered
2 eggs, poached*
2 pieces Canadian bacon
2-4 tablespoons Hollandaise Sauce*
1) Make Hollandaise Sauce. Recipe and directions below.
2) Toast and butter English muffins.
3) Warm Canadian bacon in microwave or fry on stove top.
4) Make poached eggs. Directions below.
5) Assemble in this order; 1 English muffin, 1 piece Canadian bacon, 1 egg and top with 2 tablespoons of Hollandaise Sauce.
6) Serve to mom with a steamy cup of her favorite tea.
2 egg yolks
2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
1/4 cup of butter, unsalted and melted ( 1/2 of stick)
pinch of salt
pinch of lemon pepper seasoning
Directions for Sauce
1) In a small sauce pan, whisk together eggs and lemon juice. Do this for at least one minute to make the yolks fluffy.
2) Next, put on stove top, very low heat and keep whisking. Don’t stop whisking and keep the heat low for 2 minutes.
3) Finally, whisk in melted butter, salt and lemon pepper. Do this for 1 more minute. Take off heat, cover with lid. Immediately make the eggs and assemble. Top with sauce.
*Poached Eggs-so easy to make and healthy way to an egg
1) In a small fry pan, fill half full with water and 2 teaspoons of white vinegar.
2) Bring to a slow boil. When bubbles appear, break egg gently into the water.
3) Cook egg for 3-4 minutes. The egg white will be all white.
4) Remove with slotted spoon.