Kids will have so much fun cooking this tasty recipe for mom this Mother’s Day. These sweet marshmallow treats are perfect to show mom how SWEET you think she is! Place the dessert in a small container and finish with a Mini Bowdabra Bow. I found an ornate little tin pail on a dollar rack. I lined the little pail with parchment paper and filled with the sweet marshmallow treats.
Recipe: (makes 35 marshmallow treats)
- 1lb box powdered sugar
- 16 jumbo marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- food coloring
- small cutters
- small candies for decorating
1. Pour 1lb of powdered sugar into a large bowl. Make a small hollow in the center of the powdered sugar.
2. Kids can then pull apart (in half) 16 large marshmallows and place in a sauce pan. Add milk, butter, and vanilla.
3. On medium-low heat the mixture in the sauce pan. Stir mixture with a wooden spoon until everything has melted.
4. Pour mixture into the center of the powdered sugar. Mix it together, divide in half and place in two separate bowls. Add several drops of food coloring to each mixture.
5. Leave the mixture to cool for 10 minutes and then flatten into a round shape and wrap in plastic food wrap.
6. Place in the fridge for 3 hours. Remove from fridge and sprinkle powdered sugar onto a clean work surface.
7. Roll out the marshmallow mixture with a rolling pin and use small cookie cutters to cut out shapes.
8. Add small candies to the center of the flowers.
Place marshmallow treats into a box or pail and added a Mini Bowdabra Bow for Mother’s Day.
- Small Box or Pail
- 3/8″ Satin Ribbon
- 5/8″ Satin Ribbon
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Mother’s Day Scrapbooking Sticker
1. Begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Cut strips of 5/8″ satin ribbon 4″ long and dovetail the ends. Fold the strips in half to create a crease. At the crease mark place the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
3. Next, place the end of the 3/8″ satin ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. Fold the ribbon to create a loop at the 1.5″ mark.
5. Continue folding the ribbon and create loops. Create a total of eight loops four on each side.
6. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
7. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
8. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
9. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back and knot.
10. Fluff the bow.
11. Use the Bowdabra Bow Wire to tie the bow to the little tin pail handle. Place a Mother’s Day scrapbooking sticker on the center of the bow.
12. Line the tin pail with parchment paper and place marshmallow treats inside. Keep treats stored in the fridge and add aluminum foil over the top for an airtight seal. Treats should be eaten within a week.