So many of us think of Memorial Day as a wonderful holiday. It’s the start of the Summer season. The kids may be out of school already or will be shortly. The city pools are open and it’s time to get the swimsuits out. Let us not forget, though, why we have this fun holiday. It’s a time to remember those who have fought the wars for us in the past so that we may live in a free country and also a time to remember those who are still out there fighting for our freedoms wherever they may be. Most all of us know of someone who has been or is one of our heros. Design a card to celebrate their gift to us.
- Image – Free digital stamp from Operation Write Home
- Cardstock – Stampin Up Night of Navy and Whisper White
- Designer Paper – From my stash
- 5/8″ Red Satin Ribbon – Papertrey Ink – Pure Poppy
- Accessories – Star Brads from my stash
- Nestabilities Die – Labels Eighteen
- Mini Bowdabra
- Bowdabra Hair Bow Tool and Ruler
- Bowdabra Wire
- Double-sided tape
- 1/2″ glue dots
1. . Begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Place your satin ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra with the tail on the left at the 2 1/2″ mark and the wrong side of the ribbon facing towards you.
3. Fold the ribbon on the right side at the 1 1/4″ mark and take it over to the left side. As you do this, twist the ribbon in the center so that the shiny/right side of the ribbon is facing up on the right side, and the wrong side of the ribbon is facing up on the left side.
4. Fold the ribbon on the left at the 1 1/4″ mark and take it back through the Bowdabra to the right side of the Bowdabra again twisting the ribbon in the middle so that the shiny right side is facing up on the left and the wrong side is facing up on the right.
5. Continue to fold the ribbon at the 1 1/4″ mark and take it back over to the other side always remembering to twist the ribbon in the middle so that the shiny/right side is facing up on the right side and the wrong side of the ribbon is facing up on the left side.
6. Notice that my loops are a little off kilter so that when the bow is finished, the loops will spread out some and not just lay flat on top of each other.
7. Now that we have 2 loops on either side of the Mini Bowdabra, it’s time to finish it off. Take your wand and scrunch down the ribbons.
8. Remove the wand and gently pull up the ends of the Bowdabra Wire and using the Wire, tie a knot on the back of the bow.
9. Gently remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Carefully trim the ends of the Bowdabra Wire and the ribbon tails.
11. To finish off you bow, take a 1/2″ glue dot and scrunch it together a bit so that it fits over the ends of the Bowdabra Wire on the back of your bow.
12. Take the end of the spool of ribbon and place it over the glue dot on the back of your bow.
13. Take another 1/2″ glue dot and scrunch it up a little and place it over the end of the ribbon on the back of your bow.
14. Take the long end of the ribbon and wrap it around the middle of your bow scrunching it up a little as you do so you don’t flatten out the bow and place it over the glue dot you just put on the back of the bow covering up the glue dot and then trim the ribbon close to the glue dot.
15. Now you can add an embellishment such as the star brad which I have cut the brad ends off the back with some wire cutters and popped it onto the front of the bow with another glue dot. Your card is ready to send or give to your favorite Hero!