Don’t throw away that pickle jar! Make it into a super cute vase or a jar to hold your buttons! The possibilities are endless. A little chalk board paint and a bright colored bow can transform your trash to treasure!
- Glass Jars
- Chalk Board Spray Paint
- Masking Tape or Painters Tape
- Spray Paint for Lids (Optional)
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow & Tool Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- 7/8 inch wide Shocking Pink grosgrain ribbon cut 22 inches long
- 7/8 inch wide Shocking Pink grosgrain ribbon cut 5 inches long
- Hot Glue & Gun
1. Save your glass jars.
2. Clean them and remove all the sticky stuff. If it doesn’t come off with soap and water you can use Goo Gone.
3. Tape off a rectangle to be painted. Cover any other exposed glass to protect from over spray.
4. Spray with the chalk board spray paint. I used two coats. Follow the directions on your can to get the best results. Let the paint dry for 24 hours before using chalk.
5. Carefully remove the tape.
6. Your jars will look like this.
7. Gather your bow making materials. Place Bowdabra Hair Bow Tool and Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra, leaving a space at the bottom for the Mini Bowdabra tower to move. Cut an 18” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
8. Fold the ribbon in half to find the center. Make a crease at the center point. Place the ribbon at the crease mark down into the center of the Mini Bowdabra.
9. To make your first loop, fold and make a crease into the ribbon and press into the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Next, fold the other side at the same width. Ribbon tails should be right side down above your loops.
11. Fold ribbon tails one at a time down through the center of the Mini Bowdabra, making creases into each tail.
12. Scrunch down with Mini Bowdabra Wand.
13. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
14. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
15. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
16. Use your 5″ ribbon to tie a knot around the bow to cover the bow wire. Fluff the bow.
17. Hot glue the bow to your jar for a pop of color. Write something fun with the chalk and you’re done!
Enjoy your “new” jars. They would be perfect in a craft room, office, bathroom, or kitchen for a pretty storage solution!