They say that food is the quickest way to a man’s heart. That must be why I love giving food as gifts to the men in my life. This year I made a food gift basket for my husband. It includes all his favorite little snacks and drinks. I like to dress up the basket by adding cute phrases and tags to the food items.
- chips, drinks, sweets, hot sauce, etc
- large gift basket
- filling for gift basket
- circle tags
- double sided tape runner
- scrapbook paper
- circle punches
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Cream Sheer Ribbon-To-Bead
- 7 ” 3/8 SATIN Chocolate Ribbon
1. Punch out large circles, attach behind circle tags using the tape runner and then use a small hole punch to make a hole thought the scrapbook paper. Write whatever saying you want on your tag.
2. Completely unroll the Ribbon-to-Bead from the spool. Use the wire end to easily thread through the two small holes on the gift tag. Pull through, add ribbon to food item and cut. Make sure you do not cut the wire end. The size of your ribbon will vary depending. I used approximately a 6″ piece.
3. Another tag variation is to make the same above tag but add in a piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire. It really makes the tag fancy!
4. Yet another variation is to take a large piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and wrap it around your food item. For the box of Hot Tamales, I used 40″. Once wrapped, add the tag, tie off and curl left over Bowdabra Bow Wire with a pen.
5. Another variation of the circle tag is to make a bow to attach to the tag. Use your Mini Bowdabra and the Hair Bow Tool and Ruler. Fold an 18” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire in half place in your Mini Bowdabra.
6. Find the center of your ribbon and place it in your Mini Bowdabra at about.
7. Fold over half the ribbon to the center, making a loop.
8. Next, create a loop on the other side.
9. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends through the loop of the Bowdabra Bow Wire.
10. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Pull the wire to the back of the bow, double knot to secure. Do not cut the extra wire.
11. Thread the extra wire through the circles and knot. Wrap Bowdabra Bow Wire around your food item and trim off excess wire.
12. Arrange all your food into your gift basket and tie it all together with a Neck Tie Bow. You can pick up a cheap one a The Dollar Store, use one that your husband already owns or buy a new one that you know he will wear. Click here at Neck Tie Bow to get the instructions.