When is Father’s Day? Father’s Day is celebrated on the 3rd Sunday of June. This year Father’s Day is celebrated in the United States, Canada, and the U.K on June 17, 2012.
- Scor-pal/scor-mat inch
- Scor-tape ¼
- 1.5″ wide Black Satin Ribbon 10 inch long
- 7/8″ wide Black Satin Ribbon (length depending on size of the box)
- White Cardstock 4½ x 10¼ inch
- Black Cardstock 4½ x 10¼ inch
- Mini Bowdabra
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- 3d foam
1. Begin by collecting all the materials you will need for this project.
2. Begin with white cardstock cut to the size of: 4.5″w by 10.25″h. Using the Scor-pal score the paper at the 1, 1 ½, 2, 2 ½, 3, 3 ½ inch
3. Fold the cardstock at the 1 and 3½ inch score (a mountain fold).
4. Fold the cardstock at the 1½ and 3½ inch score (a valley fold).
5. Use 3D foam or a 3D kit on the left and right side of the back of the cardstock.
6. Also attach 3D foam on the front of the cardstock on the right and left side.
7. View the photo below notice the front is higher than the back giving a layered look.
8. Wrap a gift with brown packing paper. Attach a piece of black cardstock (4.5″ by 10.25″) to the front of the gift. Finish with the layered white cardstock that you made using the Scor-pal and 3D foam. Glue it all together.
9. Glue 7/8″ black satin ribbon onto the front of the gift.
10. Cut 10″ of 1.5″ black satin ribbon. Place scor-tape onto the ribbon.
11. Place the ribbon ends together to form a loop.
12. Cut 12″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra. Place the ribbon loop into the Mini Bowdabra tape side down.
13. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. Take the ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and tie a knot together with the wire. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra and bring the wire along the back and tie another knot. Fluff bow.
14. Cut a small piece of ribbon for your finishing ribbon. Attach scor-tape to the ribbon and cover the Bowdabra Bow Wire with the ribbon.
15. Bow tie is complete.
16. Place the bow tie on your gift package. Your Father’s Day gift wrapping is complete.