I love making, fun, quick and easy treats. Don’t you? Here is one of our favorites that can be customized depending on the desired colors and renamed to fit any event. For 4th of July or summer picnics I love making mine Red, White and Blue. They are super easy and no cooking is required! We purchase already made Rice Krispy Treats (or you can make your own) to make it a 30 minute or less crafty treat.
If you want another 4th of July treat, check out my Memorial Day Cupcakes with Patriotic Toppers.
- Rice Krispy Treats cut into squares or prepacked squares
- Wilton Candy melts
- Wilton coloring gel
- Patriotic sprinkles
- extra marshmallows (optional)
- Bamboo kabob skewers
- 2-3″ pieces of various patriotic Bobbin Ribbons
- 12″ white grosgrain ribbon
- 8″ red, white and blue star wire garland
- 6” piece of red and white stripped Bobbin Ribbon
- 24″ piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow & Tool Ruler
- egg carton
- 2″ x 3″ x 12″ foam rectangle
- 12 X 12 piece of scrapbook paper
- stapler or tape
1. Melt Wilton Candy melts 1/2 cup at a time in the microwave for 15 seconds at a time and stir. You can also use a Wilton electric melting pot which I did here. Just add the candy melts and stir until melted. Dip the top of the Rice Krispy into the melted chocolate. I added Wilton blue gel food coloring to some of the melted chocolate.
2. Once remove from the melted chocolate, add sprinkles and let dry on a plate.
3. Once the chocolate has harden, usually 15 minutes, take the bamboo kabob skewers and add on the treats and marshmallows. Stick them in an egg carton or a foam rectangle to keep them upright. Take the various pieces of ribbon and add to each skewer.
4. Decorate an egg carton or foam rectangle with scrapbooking paper to match the theme of your kabobs. Tape or staple on the paper. It can be removed and the block reused for the next event.
5. Use the Mini Bowdabra to make a beautiful coordinating bow. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Fold the 24″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Find the center of the 12″ white grosgrain ribbon and add into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Fold and press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra to create a 2″ loop.
8. Repeat to the other side of the ribbon.
9. Find the center of the red, white and blue wire and add it into the Mini Bowdabra. Fold and press the wire in to the Mini Bowdabra making a 2″ loop on both sides.
10. Find the center of the 6″ piece of ribbon and add to the Mini Bowdabra. Use this ribbon to scrunch down the other ribbons. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
11. Remove the bow and bring the Bowdabra Bow Wire around to the back of the bow, then back to the front and knot.
12. Do not trim the Bowdabra Wire. Use it to wrap it around your decorated foam.
13. Add all of your kabobs into the decorated foam and serve! From start-to-finish this is a 30 minute project!