This would make a great craft for any kid. What a fun thing to do when it is way too hot outside to enjoy the weather. Emily planned out each side but this is something that could be painted without a plan. Our cats love the container because of what is inside. My daughter loves the container because it is something she created for them. Click here for the Pet Craft: Cat Toy
•Bowdabra® Bow Wire
•Hair Bow & Tool Ruler
•Plastic or Glass container
•Hot glue gun
• Two 5″ pieces of 3/8 inch wide satin ribbon
• 12″ piece of Morex Meow Bobbin Ribbon
1. Sketch out the project on paper and then paint!
2. Emily made each side of the jar a different place for cats. She painted St. Francis Cat Hospital, Morris Snack Shop, Garfield’s Toys & Accessories and Frisky’s Fish Market.
3. To make the bow for the container: Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half, lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
4. Lay your two 5″ ribbon pieces into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Find the center of the 12″ Meow ribbon and press it with the patten down into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Decide how big you want your loops. To make your first loop, fold the ribbon and press into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Continue folding the ribbon back and forth until you have created as many loops as you desire. Give the ribbon a twist to keep the pattern facing up. Use all your ribbon.
8. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
9. Take the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra, turn it upside down and tie it off. Cut off extra wire and save it for another project.
10. Hot glue the bow to the container.
One thing to consider when making hair bows for pets, you can get more ideas from the Hair Bow Making CD has an entire chapter for making pet bows.