Boy, the summer sure is flying by. Before you know it, all the little ones will be heading back to the classroom and all their new teachers. Perhaps your child would like to start the year off right with a gift for the teacher. Here is my idea of a card that could go along with your gift.
- Image – Saturated Canary – Hillary
- Cardstock – Express It Blending Card and Stampin Up Buckaroo Blue
- Pattern Paper – Recollections – Back to School
- Ribbon – 3/8″ Red Satin and 1/8″ Red Satin
- Punches – Stampin Up Ticket Punch; Photo Corner Punch
- Copic Markers
- Adhesive – Double-sided tape; Zots small
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
1. Begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 12″ piece of 1/8″ red ribbon and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Place your satin ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra with the tail on the left at the 2″ mark and the wrong side of the ribbon facing towards you.
3. Fold the ribbon on the right side at the 1 1/4″ mark and take it over to the left side. As you do this, twist the ribbon in the center so that the shiny/right side of the ribbon is facing up on the right side, and the wrong side of the ribbon is facing up on the left side.
4. Fold the ribbon on the left at the 1 1/4″ mark and take it back through the Mini Bowdabra to the right side of the Mini Bowdabra again twisting the ribbon in the middle so that the shiny right side is facing up on the left and the wrong side is facing up on the right.
5. Gently pull up the ends of the 1/8″ ribbons and tie a knot on the back of the bow.
6. Carefully trim the ends of the 1/8″ ribbon and the 1/2″ ribbon tails.
7. To finish off you bow, take a 1/2″ glue dot attach it to the back of your bow.
8. Attach bow to card and you’re done!